Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Practicum Teaching Update

I can't believe it's already been about 2 and a half months since I did my first week of school field experience with my student teaching class!

I'm currently working 9 hours a week in my final practicum placement. This class is also...1st grade! I'm going to have a full year of firsties! And I love it :)

The class I'm in right now is a truly wonderful group of kids. It's fascinating to see how differently things run in this classroom, as compared to my student teaching placement. Both teachers are absolutely fabulous in their own ways, and it's great to learn from expert teachers with varying strategies, philosophies, and management styles.

As my time as a college student dwindles down, (only 8 more weeks...!) I have to reflect on all the amazing experiences I have had over the past 4 years, both personal and professional. I have certainly had my ups and downs. And it hasn't been easy. But that just makes me even more proud of myself for surviving college and leaving with lifelong friends, a wealth of knowledge, and millions of memories. I know I will always look back on my time at IU as a great learning experience, and I will use the knowledge I gained to be the best teacher I can be.

Cheers to the next 8 weeks, and whatever the future holds after that!

- Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment