Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Ready...Set...Go!

Hello! I'm now officially two days into my student teaching experience. (That's two down, seventy-eight to go!)

Though I've really just been observing so far, I'm already starting to enjoy it and feel at home at CWE. I love so many things about the class. The students are really smart and, for the most part, well-behaved. The day is structured in a really organized way and it flows very nicely. I really like how my teacher sets up Daily Five and Math rotations. And...we get to do fun brain breaks! (Brain breaks are my favorite time of day. I mean, Koo Koo Kangaroo?! It's the best.)

I am excited to start teaching! I have a lot of ideas, which I hope I can somehow incorporate into the highly scripted and structured atmosphere. My teacher and I met with my university supervisor today to discuss the basics and schedule observations. Really, I'm raring to go! I am very nervous about classroom management, as I probably always (?) will be. But it's something I really wanna work on and I'm excited to get started.

Also, we had a two hour delay today...and we have one tomorrow! Yay for sleeping in.

I'll post again when something exciting happens ;)

- E



No comments:

Post a Comment